Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rita: Worse Than Katrina??

Man. While I've been buried in my article publication stuff, finally tearing myself away from Katrina news, Rita's been brewing, and she's bad.

The THIRD WORST hurricane in history, this news report says, a Category Five, and headed straight for the Katrina evacuees (and possibly even what remains of New Orleans' levees??)

I don't know what to say. It's beyond unfair and cruel and horrid that those who have already faced Katrina have to go through this all over again.

Let's hope to god that our government can quickly figure out how to NOT repeat the mistakes it made with Katrina.

We know it's coming. Shit better be happening NOW to help people evacuate, to get FEMA down there and ready to respond pronto, and if Bush can't communicate with his own Texas homeboys to respond to this one better than he did to Katrina...

... god. I just can't imagine having to evacuate all over again. I'd already be suffering post traumatic stress disorder from Katrina if I were on the Gulf Coast, and Rita sure isn't gonna make life any easier.

I'm so sorry, neighbors down south. Get outta there, be safe, and all I can think of to say is that at least hurricane season will be over soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home